Sunday, December 7, 2008

November Happens

We went to my parents house for Thanksgiving. I was personally told before we arrived that we would be sleeping downstairs in the bedroom with the king bed. But, when you are the last out-of-towner to arrive then you get left with the one room suite outside. After refusing to sleep in the "one room suite" which is a small cabin with a twin bed and optional double sized blow up mattress, with a 12 inch tv with local channels only and wifi, Paul volunteered to be the in-law of the year. Well, lets say he would disappear quite ofter out to his quiet oasis and would watch tv all by himself while all of the loudness of family get together was going on inside the house.

This year I volunteered to make the sweet potatoes since we have had the same sweet potato recipe since we were little kids. Last year my sister-in-law made a great sweet potato recipe and I had gotten that recipe from her after Thanksgiving, but I forgot to bring it with me. So I hopped on the "wifi" hookups offered and found this good recipe that was very delicious. It is quite simple and I think I will make it year around.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Mashed-Sweet-Potatoes-with-Brown-Sugar-and-Pecans-15683

So my mom wouldn't feel so bad, I still put the marshmallows on the top!



Buster, what can I say about the kid, you have to love him. Today I was looking at the cover of the New Era for December and he saw baby Jesus and he said "Look is Jesus Smith". I think I need to work with him on the difference between Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ. Yesterday we went to the BYU vs USU basketball game and while we were there Buster as usual, was looking for BIG BLUE every ten seconds. Well he caught a glimpse of Cosmo the Cougar and he kept saying "Where is the Jaguar", I think he has been watching a little do much Diego.




Carter was Baptised on November 1st. It was a wild few days with his birthday on October 30, Halloween on October 31 and his baptism on November 1st. It was great to have our families there for the wonderful occasion. Every night during Carter's prayers he asks for a blanket forgiveness of any sin he could have committed that day. Today was his first official fasting day. When we were at church he kept asking for fruit snacks and I said that he could eat when we got home. His jaw dropped and he said that he couldn't wait that long. Well, last hour of church Paul came and got me out of R.S. and said that Carter was feeling ill. We were walking down the hall and I told Paul that I thought that Carter was probably just hungry. He did look a little pale and had the sick little pout on his face. So we were proceeding down the hallway and we were walking by the "dangerous" gym doors that open out into the hallway. I live in fear of those doors because you never know who is going to come walking out of those doors when you aren't looking. Well, it was Carters lucky day ( not really). We were walking by the doors and he had his head turned and was talking to me when all of a sudden BAM a kids pushed open the door and smacked Carter right in the side of his head. Poor Carter started crying and I have a bad habit of laughing when people get hurt (a bad curse I have, I don't know how to stop laughing when somebody falls down or gets hurt or has their zipper down), anyway I had to turn my head while I was trying to comfort him. I did tell him is is a lucky thing his head was turned looking at me or he would have a broken nose!


Carter's baptism day family picture.




3 comments:

Denise said...

Oh, poor Carter. Amy said that you came and got Buster out of Nursery because Carter was sick. Ya, sometimes I get sick to my stomach when I fast too! Cute baptism pic, wonder who took it.....?

The Stoddard Show said...

ohhh, so sad for Carter! Yes, I do remember you laughing often at those awkward moments called PAIN!!!

Ya, Madeline doesn't dig the whole fasting thing either! I always get a headache too, can you pass the fruit snacks please?

Anonymous said...

Very nice family photo! Carter is growing so tall that he is going to catch his mom before he is a teenager!