Saturday, March 14, 2009

Furlough mom


As part of budget cuts, all USU employees were required to take the week off, and I have been looking forward to this since I found out, althought it was without pay, I found my week to be priceless. I had a great week being a real mom.

Monday- I started out the week on Monday shipping Carter off to school, exercising and planning on lunch with the girls from work. Well, I got to Cafe' Sabor at noon and found out the because of all the snow Carters' school was being dismissed at 1:00, well so much for a nice lunch, so I scurried off to pick him up, along with my take out.

Tuesday, watched my sisters little boy Grant. Besides being a baby-sitter, I went a step further into being domestic, I decided to pressure cook chicken. I had some chicken that I had bought about six months ago that needed to have something done with it. So, the previous Saturday I had put it in my fridge and started the thawing process. By Tuesday it was thaw and I cut it up into chunks and put in a little salt and put them in the pressure cooker (rented for $1 form the USU extension office). It looks gross, but it has some really nice broth in it and I am sure it will taste good.

Wednesday-I am not sure what I did this day. I think it was laundry, dusting, exercising... boring stuff. Oh, I did get up and go to the grocery store before Paul left for work. Smith's was having an awesome sale. We love Quaker Quakes and they were on sale for $.49, same with Powerade and all sorts of different pasta's. So this was a food storage day. This was my dad's birthday (March 11th) and also Paul and my's first date 14 years ago. Wow, that was a long time ago, I think I have a few more gray hairs now!!

Thursday- I always volunteer in Carter's classroom on Thursday's, but I also signed up to do recess duty. So Denise watched Buster and I headed to Carter's school for 2 hours. Wow, recess duty is really cold, I don't get why kids enjoy it so much.

Friday- I started by exercising, then cleaned bathrooms. I had made reservations to go the the Draper temple open house. So after Carter was out of school, we loaded up and headed down. It was a beautiful temple, but very busy. We had a great time!

Saturday-hair cut, clean, prepare for tax appointment (when you owe, you don't do taxes until late March early April), and in a few minutes I will be watching the Aggies play in the WAC tournament.

It was a great week and it went by way to fast, I think I need one of these every month, I wonder how my boss would feel about that??

2 comments:

Denise said...

Hello-you forgot to mention that we went to the fun park....silly.

The Stoddard Show said...

it looks like a fun week ;) I'm excited for next week, games, food, laughing, like old times except...

cynthia won't have to climb under the table to get out, andrea won't get in trouble for talking too much at the table, and we can eat 5 gal of ice cream if we want and not get in trouble!

ahh memories